At Your Career Direction, our service includes assisting families, schools and organizations regardless of their budgetary constraints. Not only are our rates affordable, but we offer sliding fees for families as needed. We welcome the opportunity to partner with public schools and non-profit organizations to obtain grants and outside funding sources.
Your first consultation is free, after which you will receive a cost estimate based on current objectives. For schools and organizations we include an in person or Skype planning meeting and an agenda proposal. Click here for more information
How We Work With You
- We work with students on an individual basis
- We partner with parents, teachers, school guidance counselors, and maintain an open dialogue at all times
- We review all research, resource and assessment data with student in person. Copies of materials are sent to all parties—students, parents, and counselors, etc.
- We are available at any time by email, text and telephone to discuss decisions, updates, offer advice
- We guide and support both students & parents through career exploration, standardized testing, college/technical school search and the application process
Our Counseling Process
- In person or Skype interview with student
- Assess interests, career & educational options
- Research & information gathering with student
- Information review, presentation of career ideas, discussion of action plan
- Update parents, consensus of action plan
- Experiential exposure to careers through observation, interviews, internships
- Coach student in the essentials of professional communication with industry contacts; building relationships, follow-up, interview, provide editorial assistance
- Maintain relationship with student and parent, provide additional counseling on a project basis
Your Career Direction brings a unique and proven approach to career counseling and the college or trade school application process based on years of counseling, recruiting, placement, and research experience.